Dodgers nix gift Trevor Bauer, merchandise sales amid investigation


Content of the article

The Los Angeles Dodgers have removed bobblehead Trevor Bauer night from their promotional program and have removed Bauer merchandise from their online store.

Content of the article

There was also no Bauer merchandise available Wednesday on MLB.com.

Major League Baseball and Pasadena, Calif., Police are investigating allegations by a 27-year-old woman that Bauer sexually assaulted her at her Pasadena home. The MLB last Friday put Bauer on seven-day paid administrative leave after the graphic details of documents relating to the woman’s request for a temporary restraining order were released.

“The Dodgers did not feel this was appropriate as investigations continue by Major League Baseball and the Pasadena Police Department,” the Dodgers said in a statement regarding the cancellation of the promotion and the withdrawal of the merchandise. “The team will have no further comments at this time.”

Content of the article

Representatives for Bauer, 30, denied the allegations and said the two were having consensual sex.

Manager Dave Roberts said on Monday he did not expect Bauer to return when leave expired. MLB is expected to ask the players’ association to sign an extension as the investigation continues.

Bauer won the National League’s Cy Young Award as a member of the Cincinnati Reds last year before signing a three-year, $ 102 million free agent contract with his hometown Dodgers in February. He’s 8-5 with a 2.59 ERA in 17 starts for Los Angeles this season.

Bauer’s Bobblehead giveaway was slated for August 19. The Dodgers have six more bobblehead promotions coming up this season, including ones to honor franchise legends Fernando Valenzuela and Tommy Lasorda.